Re: GDir as DIR replacement - patch
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi>
- Cc: Hans Breuer <hans breuer org>, gtk-devel-list <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GDir as DIR replacement - patch
- Date: 03 Nov 2001 10:13:56 -0500
Tor Lillqvist <tml iki fi> writes:
> Hans Breuer writes:
> > If the following patch is acceptable I would obviously
> > volunteer to write inline docs, a test app and remove all
> > the DIR occurences from 'downstream' libs and apps ported
> > to win32.
> I'm for putting this (or something very close) in GLib, except maybe
> the g_dir_len() function, I am not sure about the usefulness of
> that. Should the functions be made MT-safe?
While there is a readdir_r() in some standards, would you ever
want to use the same DIR * or GDir in multiple threads? Doesn't
seem likely to me, so I don't think it's worth making people
free the results of each readdir().
] [Thread Prev