Re: Any lefties around?

<quote who="Telsa Gwynne">

> And I rearrange my panels substantially, because bottom-left of the
> screen for the menu seems quite unreachable to me. I suppose it's
> out of the way, at least..

Pulling the mouse closer to you is generally harder than throwing it away,
which is why the top of the screen is such a good location.

So, I understand the bottom bit, but I would have thought it easier for you
to move your mouse to the left, as it's 'away' from you.

  I'm interested in rounding up some right-to-left text users as well,
  because it was pointed out on #gnome that reversing widgets for
  left-handers is an interesting problem when you throw RTL text into the
  mix, especially with regard to the API used to swap widgets around. [1]

> (PS: reply-to is three lists, two of which I'm not subscribed to.
> Which of them should it be? I'm just sending to all three for now.)

Probably usability. I'll post this to all three, but I've set my reply-to to
usability - we should probably continue the discussion there.

- Jeff

[1] In this case, switching an hbox for left-handers. Owen says that calling
gtk_widget_set_direction will bork the RTL automagic. Perhaps it just needs
some extra logic in GTK+ to check for RTL *and* handedness?  Either way, we
need to check this with some RTL people.

--
   You know the end is nigh when modern art is relegated to the status of
                                  "meme".