Re: misc. properties

Tim Janik <timj gtk org> writes:
> i haven't followed this thread too closely, and you guys should have
> changed the topic eons ago ;) but about notifies on buffer changes,
> i wonder whether you couldn't simply coalesce those, e.g. by locking/
> unlocking notifiaction around events?

Possibly - it's probably not worth extra complexity though, I'm
probably just being paranoid - changing the buffer already results in
"insert_text" and "changed" signals on the buffer and "invalidated" on
the GtkTextLayout.

The "text" property just feels wrong to me, I think it's because it's
a buffer op on the view - I don't know. I'm inclined to leave it alone
and maybe add it in 2.2, unless you or Owen have strong feelings that
it's a good idea. To do anything useful with the text view content in
a GUI builder we'd need special-casing anyhow, and apps can always set
up the widget programmatically.

Havoc