Re: misc. properties

Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com> writes:
> But apps would need to be aware of the fact that this property can be
> several megabytes in size.
>
> I can see a property editor having problems with that.

My main worry is that we add the extra notify signal on all buffer
changes, and also connect a handler from view to the buffer's
"changed" signal (having a handler immediately slows things down). So
that's a bit of overhead added to every buffer mutation.

Of course there are already several signal emissions per mutation, so
it probably doesn't matter that much.

It would seem cleaner to me if the "text" property were on the buffer
instead of the view. Doesn't glade need to be able to handle the
buffer anyway?

Right now there are no buffer operations exported by the view.

Havoc