Re: Atomic Ints (Was: GObject thread safety)

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Before we get too excited: API freeze. Unclear if this feature is even
> right. Feature can be added compatibly later.

Agreed. Sebastian said:

 I've for some time now wanted to include that and given, how long the GLib API
 of 2.0 will be fixed this indeed looks like a valuable addition.

The idea is to get the 2.2 release cycle _much_ faster than the current one.
It will be fixed a long time for *incompatible* additions, but this doesn't
look like one. Even making g_object_ref()/unref() thread-safe isn't
an incompatible addition.