Patch file submission help needed

Hi,

I'm new to cvs and would like to submit a couple of patch files but I havn't done so before and the Gtk+ faq is out of date. If I have the latest cvs version of Gtk+ and I have made changes to some files could someone tell me the steps to go through to produce an acceptable patch file that looks like the ones I see on the this mailing list. What are the right diff commands? Where do I send the patch file?

The files I would like to patch would add menmonic handleing functions to GtkToggleButton, GtkRadioButton and the various GtkMenuItem classes similar to those that already exist in GtkButton and GtkCheckButton.

Jeff.