Re: Field-level validation

Interesting.

I'd have to say that I think application should be an application
level thing and applications should generally display a dialog saying
what failed to validate, rather than just not allowing the user
to tab out.

(Which generally means doing validation when the user clicks OK,
rather than on focus changes. Actually, it's best to design your
interface so that the user can't enter invalid date in the
first place.)

Putting this into the core of GTK+ doesn't really seem appropriate
to me. Are there other toolkits that do this?