Re: glib/iconv : delayed dependency

"Murray Cumming" <murrayc usa net> writes:

> That's a good reason - you are removing the dependency for users who do not
> need it. Sorry for not seeing this.

I'm not sure it's right to remove the dependency though, because
really nearly all users will need it eventually.

e.g. if I put a g_convert() in gtk_init(), I wouldn't feel bad about
that. A working port of GLib has a working g_convert().

You are basically allowing people to install a broken GLib, and then
they get mysterious failure with certain apps at some later time. Is
that really a good idea?

Havoc