gthread-win32.c

Hans Breuer writes:
 > Attached the first native gthread implementation for win32. It is mainly
 > plain mapping of one API to another, although in some cases I'm unsure
 > if it maps The Right Thing. Maybe I should have read a posix-thread-book :)

This is a Good Thing (I think), thanks! You probably should send a
copy of this code to the gimpwin-dev list, too, in case there is
somebody there with enough understanding of threading issues in GTK+
on Win32 to check whether this works as good, better, or worse than
the current version that uses (an oldish snapshot of) the
pthreads-win32 emulation library
(http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32/).

FYI: The newer releases of the pthreads-win32 library have different
versions of the DLL for apps built with MSVC and SEH (Windows
Structured Exception Handling), MSVC++ and C++ exception handling, and
with gcc. This is why I have kept using the pthreads-win32 snapshot
from May 1999, it ignores those issues, and I haven't had to think of
it ;-) (Like, what if the application is built with MSVC and uses SEH,
but also wants to use the prebuilt gthread DLL that is built with
gcc?) Any thoughts on these issues?

--tml