glib non blocking io

Will ever be glib (and gobject, pango, gdkpixbuf, gdk, gtk)
a fully non blocking (or asynchronous) library ?

I see the api has glib-io-channels that seems to never block.

But then I find functions like g_file_get_contents that if used
can block the program because they are not integrated in the main event loop.

I see there are some functions from stdio (fread ...) that shouldn't be used
in a such powerful api as glib.

I see functions like gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file from gdk_pixbuf and the loaders
that are not integrated in the mail event loop.

Will ever all these libraries will stop using blocking io functions
like the ones from stdio and being integrated in the mail event loop ?

Eduardo