start time delay

Hi,I want to try some package,but i found some error/strange
situation when fire it up.

[root Linux /root]$export LC_ALL=zh_CN.GB2312
[root Linux /root]$./sylpheed-old

Gdk-WARNING **: preedit style is not specified.

Gdk-WARNING **: status style is not specified.

Gtk-WARNING **: Can't create input context.

--------
It takes about 10 secs to fire it up.

If i unset LC_ALL,then it will start very smooth,needs 2 secs.
My input server is over-the-spot options.

Why happen with it??

Chester