Re: New GTK+ anti-aliasing patch posted

Okay, it works now.  Thanks very much.  There's a few odd things, though.
My gtk default font is set to helvetica, 12 pt.  It came out using some
other serif font, at a much smaller size, even though it claimed to be
helvetica.  This caused, for some reason, my gnome control panel to be
2000 pixels wide.  I changed the font to Arial, and it was back to normal
size.  I also use a bitmap font for my terminals, and the patch causes
incorrect line-spacing to be used, making the lines overlap (sort of --
more like cut off) each other.  So it seems that the patch doesn't deal
too well with fonts that Xrender doesn't know about (not in Xftconfig).

In the program glimmer, everything is anti-aliased but the text in the
editor itself, which is set to use a font that's aliasable (Courier New
for example).

In the theme preview in the gnome control panel, when you hilight text in
the input box, the spacing goes kind of weird.  This also occurs in
mozilla.  The text in both cases is not anti-aliased, either.

Actually any text selection operations do weird things.  The fonts become
aliased again, and the spacing is screwed up.

Looks good so far other than that.

Michael