Re: [Fribidi-discuss] Re: Text widget comments
- From: Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh sharif edu>
- To: Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir technion ac il>
- Cc: dov imagic weizmann ac il, gtk-devel-list gnome org, gtk-i18n-list gnome org, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad bamdad org>, Fribidi Discussions <fribidi-discuss lists sourceforge net>
- Subject: Re: [Fribidi-discuss] Re: Text widget comments
- Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:40:09 +0330 (IRT)
On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> Besides, many people are used to having shift+hebrew to be capital
> english. (this is currently the mapping in XFree for the il keyboard).
That's also the Windows practice, I found that only today, when I was
testing Mozilla's bidi support, and I needed to enter hebrew.
> What mapping do you think are appropriate for each key: RLM? LRM? What
I really don't know. That's also a problem here where we're thinking about
an amendment to the national keyboard standard. I'm sure these should not
be on normal and shifted keyboard, but on a alt or control thing.
Our list is: ZWNJ, ZWJ, LRM, RLM, LRE, RLE, LRO, RLO, PDF.
We have had the first two on our keyboards for more than five years, the
first being on both shift-space and shift-B (in the case the keyboard
cannot understand the shift-space combination), and the second one on
backquote (`). I don't have even a single idea about others.
] [Thread Prev