Interfaces and properties, signals

Hi Tim:

I've come across a use case with GTypeInterface that I can't seem to
find an example of, and wonder if you could answer a couple of
questions.

We have two properties ("accessible_text" and "caret") and a signal
("caret_moved") that we'd like to associate with implementors of a
particular interface (AtkTextIface).

Two questions come to mind:

1) Is it possible to register properties and signals on interface
classes?
2) Is there a clean way of doing it ;-)

Perhaps we should be registering the properties and signal somewhere
else, but I don't think we should register them on a base class of the
implementors since implementors of AtkTextIface are not guaranteed to
have a common base class (other than GObject, I guess).

gtkoldeditable.c seems to do this, but using the old-style args.

(The reason we are not using an existing property is that we don't know
that all implementors of this interface will support a given
pre-existing property, like "text_position".  We will of course end up
connecting our property notification to that of legacy widget
properties, inside the implementation(s) of AtkTextIface).

Thanks,

Bill

------
Bill Haneman x19279