Re: gdk-pixbuf compilation problems in cvs

Roozbeh Pournader <roozbeh sharif edu> writes:
> On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 dov imagic weizmann ac il wrote:
>
> > Here is one comment for a starter. I think that the right button
> > should put up a pop-up menu, where one of the entries is
> > "Special Unicode characters". This should present a sub menu
> > with the option of entering the unicode characters ZWJ, RLM, LRM,
> > etc.
>
> I believe these need a keyboard shortcut also.

Right now you can enter any Unicode char by holding down Shift-Alt and
typing a hex digit, which is perhaps a useful fallback mode (hardly
conducive to touch typing, I know!) ;-)

Not sure what other kinds of features the default input method should
have.

Another thing we could _conceivably_ have on the right-click menu is a
pop-up graphical character picker dialog, but I'm not sure if it's
that useful. It would mostly be useful if you were trying to insert a
character in a language you don't normally use I guess.

Havoc