Re: About compatibility in GNOME 2 (was Re: Compatibility stuff)

Eric Lemings <eric b lemings lmco com> writes:
> I seriously doubt that many developers will want to maintain two
> versions of the same application for GNOME 1.2 and GNOME 2.0 anyways:
> either they'll stick with GNOME 1.2 or they'll bite the bullet and make
> the jump to GNOME 2.0.

Which is the right thing to do, and we shouldn't encourage them to do
anything else.

You can't use the 2.0 features without making the jump; there are too
many changes. If you aren't going to use the 2.0 features, there's no
reason to jump. Because we allow the 1.0 libs to be installed
simultaneously. So you are not forced to jump until you want the
features.

Havoc