Re: About compatibility in GNOME 2 (was Re: Compatibility stuff)

Mark Mielke <mark mark mielke cc> writes:

> Martin: I suggest you do as (Havoc?) suggested. Created a separate .h
> file, and tell application owners that "if you use my module, it will
> significantly ease your ability to have it compile for both GTK 1.x,
> and GTK 2.x." Then, when everybody demands it, and starts bugging the
> official GTK maintenance and development branches, they can take up
> your quest for you.

Well, to be able to do this, I need a final word from the GTK+ team that
they will never, never, never apply my patch to GTK+.

I cannot pollute their namespace if they may ever consider to apply the
patch anyways.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)