Re: About compatibility in GNOME 2 (was Re: Compatibility stuff)

On 09 Mar 2001 00:14:24 +0100, Martin Baulig wrote:

> Last week, several people raised their concerns about how much API breakage
> has gone into gnome-libs HEAD and some of them even suggested to throw away
> all of my, Georges and whoever else's work and start again from scratch.

i do not believe that it was suggested to actually throw away your work,
but rather to review the changes and merge it back, so that we get the
good changes (gtk 2 porting, other stuff) without some of the perhaps
bad (half-finished api additions, random struct reordering).  the plan
has always been to merge back as much work as we can.

please don't be confused by this - it is not our intention to throw out
your work.

jacob
--
"The people who made the Macintosh produced a miracle, but that
 doesn't mean their code was wonderful." -- Bob Cringely