Re: Add some conversion checks to GtkFileSelection (bug 50298)
- From: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>, Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se>
- Subject: Re: Add some conversion checks to GtkFileSelection (bug 50298)
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:47:53 +0100 (CET)
On 5 Mar 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
> This error seems a bit unecessarily cryptic. In the case of
> g_error_matches (error, G_CONVERT_ERROR, G_CONVERT_ERROR_ILLEGAL_SEQUENCE), we
eek, that needs s/ILLEGAL/INVALID/.
(re- GNU Coding Style for motivation)
> probably can say:
> "The directory name "FOO" contains symbols that are not allowed in filenames"
> If a different error is returned, something is screwed up, and just reporting
> the error from g_convert() is probably fine.
] [Thread Prev