Re: Problems with expose_event->region patch

Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:
> No, i must have missed this. I'm not very good at the backing store stuff,
> and i don't think many are. Have you written any docs on that?

I wrote up the reference docs on the GdkWindow begin/end paint stuff,
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-windows.html

Hmm looking at that reminds me, we were going to remove
gdk_window_get_update_area() once the expose event included the
region, I think.

> +/**
> + * gtk_widget_send_expose:
> + * @widget: a #GtkWidget
> + * @event: a expose #GdkEvent
> + *
> + * Very rarely-used function. This function is used to emit
> + * an expose event signals on a widget. This function is not
> + * normally used directly. The only time it is used is when
> + * propagating an expose event to a child NO_WINDOW widget, and
> + * that is normally done using gtk_container_propagate_expose.
> + *
> + * If you just want to synthesize an expose event, use
> + * gdk_window_invalidate_rect() to invalidate a region of the
> + * window.
> + *
> + * Return value: return from the event signal emission (%TRUE if the event was handled)
> + **/

If people aren't supposed to use this, maybe it should be an internal
function with prepended underscore?

Havoc