Re: gtk-doc and xml

Hi,

> > - will it be able to make pure XML files ?
>
> Toshio Kuratomi submitted has done some work at enabling this -- it
> hasn't all made its way into CVS yet.

Have we got a date ?

> > - will it have XSL files for generating the classic html design ?
>
> Supporting xsl stylesheets is something we'd definitely like to
> do, considering the slowness of Jade. But nobody really has
> started working on it. You might want to look at the gtk-doc-list
> archives for an exchange I had with Daniel Viellard on some
> of the more tricky issues.

I saw.

> > - will it be able to generate without source compilation ?
>
> It can now, as long as you don't need the GObject support. If you need
> the GObject support (signals, properties), then I don't see how you
> could get around this.

Ok.

> > - will it be able to generate without others files (templates) than
> source
> > files (all informations in source file) ?

> > - will it be able to include latex source (formula, ...) and pictures ?
>
> Not latex source, I don't see adding this. Supporting external DTDs
> like MathML might be possible eventually. Pictures are possible now,
> as long as you include them from the tmpl file.

Concerning LaTeX, Doxygen can.
Is the generation without template planned ?

> > - will it have an internationalization support ?
>
> Not unless someone submits a patch. Internationalizing the stock text
> should be pretty straightforward. I don't know how you'd handle
> actual content in more than one language in a maintainable way.

I think XML with xml-i18n-tools or getxml (toutdoux's tool) seems fine.

In fact, the plug-ins of my dev (toutdoux) have functions for computation.
And I want generate the content of the "DB Browser" (gimp idea) with
gtk-doc (name, input, output and description). So I needs XML, XSLT, i18n
and formula in gtk-doc without templates.

Are theses needs need a complete recast of gtk-doc ?

A+
Philippe