gtk_init_all_types ()?

Hi

Ok here's the situation. I was just going over the code of glade2. We need a
way to get the _get_type () function for each widget from a string
representation of it. Like gtk_window_get_type from "gtk_window_get_type".
I think a symbol lookup (using g_module) would be the trick. But for that we
first need to, atleast once, call gtk_<widget-name>_get_type (), for the widget
Now glade2 can do that for all widgets. So its kinda of a circular dependency
thing arises.

So what do I want? Well I was thinking that there be a gtk_init_all_types,
which call all _get_type () functions for all the widgets, atleast once.
Then glade2 (and other xml based devel tools won't have that much of a problem)

But then, also any other lib (like gal or eel) would need to have a function
like that.

HOWEVER, if you can think of another way of doing it in glade2, you can just
forget about this request.

Opnions, flames.

Archit Baweja

P.S. Boy would I like a flamewar to my name :)

--
While there's life, there's hope.
		-- Publius Terentius Afer (Terence)