Re: class referencing and type implementation mutations (Re: Audit module)

Hi,

My remaining question on this is why a static class gets unloaded ever
at all - I would expect get_type() to result in making that class
permanently resident. I think we have code in GTK even that assumes
class_init will run only one time. I know Darin was also worried about
this behavior since Nautilus has similar assumptions. Obviously
dynamic classes would be different in this respect.

Regardless of that issue, why not put in a warning in
g_signal_lookup() etc., if the class is not registered - the silent
return of 0 is extremely hard to figure out, and calling
g_signal_lookup() on an unregistered class seems like it's always a
bug.

Havoc