Re: gvaluearray with all elements of the same type
- From: Tim Janik <timj gtk org>
- To: Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org>
- Cc: Gtk+ Developers <gtk-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: gvaluearray with all elements of the same type
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 06:59:30 +0200 (CEST)
On 31 May 2001, Martin Baulig wrote:
> Hi guys,
> currently, GValueArray allows you to add GValues of any arbitrary
> type and to mix differently typed values in the same array.
> Sure, this may be very useful in many situations, but it maps badly
> to a CORBA sequence.
> Any ideas ?
i'm not sure how you use it, however, as a GObject property
(or a container child property) you get to specify the pspec
for the value array, and if that has an element_spec != NULL,
it enforces all values to comply to that type.
of course you could also use that pspec with a value array
if you don't use the values for properties, you just need to
validate (g_param_value_validate()) the value array with a pspec
that has an element_spec and you're set.
> Martin Baulig
> martin gnome org (private)
> baulig suse de (work)
] [Thread Prev