Re: Massive speed improvement in GObject type checking code

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Tim Janik wrote:

> On 19 Jun 2001, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> huh? that'd be new to me, "extern inline" is, but "static inline" should
> be handled by any compiler that's capable of handling inline functions.

One would hope. It's unfortunately not the case though.

On the other side of the coin:
	* compilers are allowed to totally inline any static function
	* it doesn't really make any sense to use anything but static
	  scope for inline functions (making 'static inline' redundant)
	* I fail to see what an 'extern inline' would be, esp. in a world
	  where the only toolchain doing link time optimisations died out
	  long ago

> >                                         Owen
> >

> ---
> ciaoTJ