Re: erratic behaviour of window

devraj sanyal <dsanyal usa net> writes:

> i am using gtk+ 1.2 for a complicated multithreaded application.
> the problem is when many threads are running together the gtk window
> behaves erratically. on minimizing the window some of the buttons are
> disappearing.
> is this an inherent gtk bug ?
> can anyone suggest any possible solutions.
> i have also tried to show the button widgets (gtk_widget_show) on
> every call to the window_realize event even then its not working.
>
> devraj sanyal
>
> p.s. the threads are being killed by some signals generated thru code
> is it possible that signals are getting mixed.

The general answer to the question:

 "My application misbehaves, is this a bug in GTK+?"

Is:

 "No"

Unless you can provide us with test code to reproduce the behavior.
(Or at least, explain in some detail exactly what you are doing.)

Have you looked at the section on threading in the GTK+ FAQ?

[
 This mail possibly would be more appropriate on gtk-list, since
 it doesn't really seem to be a mail about the development
 of GTK+ itself.
]