strategy for dealing with new gettext po/ChangeLog editing

So, what's our strategy for dealing with this new version of gettext? I see a few options.

1) ignore the problem; people who don't hack their copy of gettext just have to be careful not to check in edited po/ChangeLog files 2) update all the autogen scripts in our projects with some workaround that undoes the po/ChangeLog hack
	3) release a patched gettext for people who want to commit to gnome cvs
4) start checking in gettextize'd code as the gettext maintainer suggests (there may be many repercussions to this, for example, we'd also have to check in xml-i18n-toolized code, since you have to re-gettextize to re-xml-i18n-toolize)

I am asking here, but I'm not just asking about GTK. Perhaps I should be asking on gnome-hackers? I'd like to get this squared away; it's the kind of thing that really irritates me.

    -- Darin