GBoxed type in gboxed.[ch]

I was looking through the gboxed.h header file, and noticed the definition
of a GBoxed type as:
  typedef struct _GBoxed  GBoxed;

The type is only used for the return value of the g_boxed_copy function.
This seems a bit weird, as this is the only place where the type is used.

Users of this function will almost always need to recast the return value.
As there is no actual definition of "struct _GBoxed", knowing that a
pointer is a (GBoxed *) gives almost no information above having a
(void *) pointer.

Unless I have missed some other use of this type, I think it would be a
good idea to remove it and just use gpointer here, as is done everywhere
else in gboxed.[ch] (including the GBoxedCopyFunc prototype).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/