Re: GtkCList and potential children

"Padraig O'Briain" <Padraig Obriain Sun COM> writes:

> GtkCList derives from GtkContainer and so could potentially have
> children. My impression from a quick read of the code is that there
> are no circumstances in which a GtkCList has children. Is this
> correct?

The only child widgets of GtkCList are the button widgets used
for the column headers. Since GtkCList is being replaced, this
isn't going to change.

On the other hand, GtkTreeView, which is currently similar to
GtkCList will probably allow additional child widgets for
in-place editing -- not for GTK+-2.0 but probably for
some 2.x.