Re: Fun, relatively simple feature help

Kristian Rietveld <kristian planet nl> writes:

> On 6 Jun 2001, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> > A feature that would be nice for GtkTreeView to have is an interactive
> > search facility.  This could be done relatively easily, and shouldn't
> > take that long to do for anyone with some knowledge of GTK+.
> > Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have time to add it before GTK 2.0, so
> > if anyone is looking for something to do and is interested in tackling
> > this project, let me know.
>
> I would like to do this. But I need more details. Do you want some
> functions which a programmer can use to search through the tree? Or
> something else?

I was thinking of something simple like, when you press C-s, it'd popup
an entry that you could type text in.  As you type in the text, it would
search the model for text relating to that (I'm not 100% sure what the
best behavior here is -- we can discuss it though.)  I think the best
way to approach the problem is to get something started and refining it
until it works well.

Thanks for looking into this,
-Jonathan