GtkWindow and iconified

According to comments in gtkwindow.c you can track iconification via the
"window_state_event" signal on GtkWidget.

I defined a signal handler for window_state_event as

static gboolean
window_state_event (GtkWidget           *widget,
                    GdkEventWindowState *event)
{
  g_print ("type: %d\n"
           "send_event: %d\n"
           "changed_mask: %d\n"
           "new_window_state: %d\n",
           event->type,
           event->send_event,
           event->changed_mask,
           event->new_window_state);
  return FALSE;
}

When I ran this code I got the following output:

type: 32
send_event: 0
changed_mask: 2
new_window_state: 2
type: 32
send_event: 0
changed_mask: 0
new_window_state: 0

So it looks like I can determine when a window becomes iconified and
deiconified.

Is there a way to determine whether a GtkWindow is inconified or deiconified?

Padraig