g_list_free(...) doesn't assign null

Hi

Is there any particular reason why it wouldn't be good to assign a list to NULL after you have freed it?? I can't see any reason why g_list_free(GList *list) wouldn't assign it (list = NULL) after it has been freed. Is this a bug?

I am new to glib/gtk and to the open-source mailing list system in general... so I would appreciate some redirection if I am using this list for something other than it's purpose.

Thanks
--miguel

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva