Re: State of gtk head for win32, was Re: GIOChannel diff committed

--On Wednesday, July 25, 2001 9:29 PM +0200 Hans Breuer <hans breuer org> wrote:

At 19:52 23.07.01 -0400, Andrew J. Lanoix wrote:
> [...]
>
>Hans,
>What is the state of gtk head on win32? I see that you have been
submitting  >patching to it.

(kind of cross posting to gimpwin-dev yahoogroups com)

Currently the only makefiles actively maintained in CVS are the
msvc makefiles, but it should be simple to adapt the required
changes to the mingw makefiles (I've recently done it for the
glib build, with a simpler approach to built dlls, than the
original one)
Ok, that is news to me. I'll let you (Hans) worry about the mingw makfile problem. We still have to deal with education problem relating to it.

IMHO the best way to get information on the status of any project
in GNOME CVS is to read the ChangeLog. Guess for what name you may
want to search to get the win32 specific status ...
But 'win32' would work too.
Yes I did that but it doesn't answer my question. Which is: Should people still be recommended to use the production branch or head?

Andy
PS. I'm on vacation from the 27th to the 5th.