Re: g_io_channel_win32_new_fd() and is_*able

At 09:39 23.07.01 -0700, Ron Steinke wrote:
>Hans,
>	Looking at you implementation of g_io_channel_win32_new_fd(),
>you use fstat() to determine whether to set is_readable and is_writeable.
>Under UNIX, fstat() just returns file permissions,
Maybe the same for win32 ...

>and you need to
>use fcntl() to determine whether the file was opened for reading,
>writing, or both. Is the same true for win32?

... but there is no fcntl() in the msvc runtime and I even can't find a
respective function in the Win32 Api. So relying on correcly set flags
may introduce a serious portability issue.

Anyone proofing that my interpretation is wrong is welcome,

	Hans