Re: Stock items - toolbar label vs. menu label

>Michael Meeks <michael ximian com> writes:
>> 	We allow mnemonics inside menus - of course, however it is
>> inappropriate to include mnemonics in toolbar labels [ to my mind ]
>> toolbars are fundamentaly not designed for keyboard navigation - as
menus
>> are.
>
>I don't really agree with that - perhaps toolbar key navigation
>shouldn't be via mnemonics, but certainly it should exist. Calum's bug
>report on this in bugzilla suggests that tab-navigation of toolbars be
>allowed. But mnemonics make sense to me too for toolbars with text.
>
>Note that the mnemonics work only if they are visible - if you set
>your toolbars to icons only so you can't see the labels, then the
>mnemonic is automatically disabled.

Is this necessary?  At the least it seems like something that should be
configurable.

Experienced users may want to use "known" shortcuts even if they are not
displayed.

I agree with Michael/Calum about toolbar keynavigation.  If it's
'mouseable', it should be 'keyboardable'.

-Bill