Re: patch to change behavior of g_strsplit on empty string back to 1.2 behavior
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Dan Winship <danw ximian com>
- Cc: Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com>, gtk-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: patch to change behavior of g_strsplit on empty string back to 1.2 behavior
- Date: 18 Jul 2001 18:06:09 -0400
Dan Winship <danw ximian com> writes:
> > Well, there is clearly one thing missing here ... the corresponding
> > change to the documentation (docs/glib/tmpl/string_utils.sgml) :-)
> > That needs a comment to the point:
> > "The result of a splitting an empty string is an empty vector"
> and also "an empty trailing segment is discarded", since that's the
> confusing behavior that inspired me to write the original bug report
> that resulted in the patch that this patch is reverting...
Actually Darin's patch doesn't actually revert that part of the change,
except for the completely empty string.
] [Thread Prev