Re: patch to change behavior of g_strsplit on empty string back to 1.2 behavior

On Wednesday, July 18, 2001, at 02:12  PM, Owen Taylor wrote:

Well, there is clearly one thing missing here ... the corresponding
change to the documentation (docs/glib/tmpl/string_utils.sgml) :-)

That needs a comment to the point:

 "The result of a splitting an empty string is an empty vector"

Since there is no way you could logically deduce this.

OK. I'll look at that and make a new patch that does that.

If you look at the docs, the documented behavior is supposed to be that
the trailing portion from the part past max_delimiter go into the last token. That is,

The code in GLib stable didn't do that either, however, what it produced was

OK. I'll update the test I wrote to expect that behavior and fix the implementation to produce that behavior, and then put a new patch up in the bug report and on the list.

    -- Darin