AbstractTreeModel, AbstractListModel

Folks,
	I was poking at the TreeView code today, and I saw that the
implementation of the models is not quite trivial.  I have recently
gotten used to the ease of implementing the AbstractTreeModel and
AbstratTableModel interfaces in Swing, and I was wondering if there was
any such plan for GTK+.
	Basically, I was looking a TreeView displaying an XML tree.  In
the current available code, I have to build a TreeStore, populate it
with the tags, and then for every XML change I have to wrapper like:

add_child()
{
    xmlAddChild(parent, child);
    treeViewAddChild(itr, child->name);
}

or the like.  In Java, I just add to the XML, and because I've built a
Model based on the XML as the backend, the view is happpily up to date.
	I looked at GtkTreeStore, and judging by that, implementing all
of the given interfaces is a lot of work.  Am I wrong in this?
	Just curious.

Joel

--

"You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot
strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot help the wage earner by

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org