bug in gdk_colormap_alloc_colors: bad return values

Hi.  I thought I'd tell someone about this bug, but can't summon up
the enthusiasm to "create an account" at the official bug-tracking
site.

The return value of gdk_colormap_alloc_colors() doesn't always return
"the number of colors still to be allocated", because
gdk_colormap_alloc_colors_shared() (and
gdk_colormap_alloc_colors_private()) doesn't return that.  So you get
the case that if the visual of the colormap is DIRECT_COLOR, the
return value is correct, but if it's PSEUDO_COLOR, it's wrong.

This is in GTK+ version 1.2.10.

Bill