Re: PATCH: glib iochannel win32 bug fix

Peter you are right, that doesn't belong there. I made the change in CVS.

*giowin32.c: g_source_remove()ing an socket iochannel closes
	the socket when it should not. Patch by Peter Zelezny
	<zed linux com>
*giowin32.c: Fix a few typos

Owen, perhaps there should be a win32 "production" branch of glib 1.3 going back a bit. Tor created one for gtk-1.3 a while back. The reason why I say this is that Tor is unfortunately still offline after his move and he has not done any release in while. I have been telling people to keep up with CVS on windows but now all sorts of API changes are happing.

I also fixed some typos but the remaining errors have to do with the API changes.
Andy Lanoix

giowin32.c: In function `g_io_win32_sock_read':
giowin32.c:956: `G_IO_STATUS_INTR' undeclared (first use in this function)
giowin32.c:956: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
giowin32.c:956: for each function it appears in.)
giowin32.c: In function `g_io_win32_sock_write':
giowin32.c:1005: `G_IO_STATUS_INTR' undeclared (first use in this function)
giowin32.c: At top level:
giowin32.c:1090: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
giowin32.c:1091: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
giowin32.c:1101: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
giowin32.c:1102: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
giowin32.c:1112: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
giowin32.c:1113: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
make: *** [giowin32.o] Error 1

--On Monday, July 02, 2001 8:11 AM -0400 Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> wrote:

Peter Zelezny <zed linux com> writes:

> Here's a patch that makes the win32 implementation of GIOChannel's more
> like the unix one. The problem was that after g_source_remove()ing, it
> would close your socket. I don't know why it ever did this, the win32
> maintainers might want to take a closer look at it.

The IOChannel interfaces recently changed a lot, and as a consequence,
the giowin32 code is in need of more extensive care at the moment.  It
probably doesn't compile. If it does, it certainly doesn't work.

If someone wants to take a look at this, and also check to make sure
that we haven't made any unforgiveable portability mistakes in the
interfaces that need to be fixed, that could be quite useful.

(Also see the comments/questions about Win32 and line endings
from me in:

  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2001-July/msg00020.html)