Re: deprecation patch

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:
> So, I think, for these widgets, until we move them out of GTK+,
> they simply need a note in the docs and and a comment in the
> sources, and shouldn't be covered by -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED,
> or any such flag.

So here is the current ChangeLog:

	* demos/gtk-demo/Makefile.am (INCLUDES): -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED,
	demo code should never use deprecated features.

	* demos/Makefile.am (INCLUDES): -DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED, demo
	code should never use deprecated features.

	* gtk/gtkwidget.h: Mark gtk_widget_draw, gtk_widget_queue_clear,
	gtk_widget_queue_clear_area deprecated

	* gtk/gtklayout.h: mark gtk_layout_freeze/gtk_layout_thaw
	deprecated

	* gtk/gtklabel.h: mark gtk_label_get() deprecated

	* gtk/gtkimage.h: mark the legacy GtkImage functions that took
	a GdkImage deprecated, replaced by new consistently-named
	functions

	* gtk/gtkmain.h: Mark gtk_exit() deprecated

	* gtk/gtkdrawingarea.h: mark gtk_drawing_area_size deprecated

	* gtk/gtkstyle.h: mark gtk_draw_string, gtk_paint_string
	deprecated

	* gtk/gtkstatusbar.h: Move GtkStatusbarMsg to the .c file,
	so it won't appear in docs and confuse people.

	* gtk/gtkprogressbar.h: Mark all the old methods deprecated

	* gtk/gtkprogress.h: Mark all methods deprecated, mark the cast
	macros deprecated. (can't mark the type itself deprecated, since
	GtkProgressBar is not deprecated and we need the type decl to use
	GtkProgressBar)

	* gtk/gtkpixmap.h: Mark deprecated

	* gtk/gtkoldeditable.h: Mark deprecated

	* gtk/gtklist.h: Mark deprecated

	* gtk/gtklabel.h: delete "GtkLabelWord" typedef, not used
	for anything anymore.

	* gtk/gtkctree.h: Mark deprecated

	* gtk/gtkclist.h: Mark deprecated

	* gtk/gtkpreview.h: Mark deprecated

	* gtk/gtkpacker.h: Mark deprecated

	* gtk/gtktipsquery.h: Mark deprecated

	* gtk/gtkinputdialog.h: Add comment that it will move out of GTK

	* gtk/gtkvruler.h: Add comment that it will move out of GTK

	* gtk/gtkhruler.h: Add comment that it will move out of GTK

	* gtk/gtkruler.h: Add comment that it will move out of GTK

	* gtk/gtkgamma.h: Add comment that it will move out of GTK

	* gtk/gtkcurve.h: Add comment that it will move out of GTK