Re: GLib configure problem

Eric Lemings <eric b lemings lmco com> writes:

> G'day,
>
> On my Red Hat Linux 6.2 machine, I just ran configure on the latest CVS
> version of GLib like so:
>
> 	CC="gcc" CFLAGS="-g -Wall" ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
> --enable-static \
> 	--enable-shared --disable-nls --enable-debug=yes --enable-msg-prefix \
> 	--enable-threads
>
> and got the following:

> 	creating docs/reference/glib/Makefile
> 	creating docs/reference/gobject/Makefile
> 	creating tests/Makefile
> 	creating config.h
> 	linking ./intl/libgettext.h to intl/libintl.h
> 	configure: error: ./intl/libgettext.h: File not found
>
> Sure enough, the intl directory is not there!  Not quite sure how to fix
> that.  Or is it just me?

Well, it's just you, in the sense that it is a error that shows
up only because you used --disable-nls.

I'll check a fix in a few minutes, but there really is no reason
I can imagine you'd want to compile with --disable-nls, especially
on a Linux machine.

[ Also, in this line, --enable-shared is on by default, --enable-threads
  is autodetected ]