Re: Xft and Xrender support for GTK+ 1.2.8

k> Qt uses UTF16 internally, so having Xft expose a raw UTF16 API
k> should make Qt easy to port.  I'm very interested in learning what
k> GTK 1.2 needs so that the appropriate interfaces can be built into
k> the design rather than being bolted on later.

I think GTK+ 1.4 is the target you might do best to look at.  The i18n
interfaces in 1.2 are, er, confused.  Summary: you can use either
8-bit, 16-bit, or multibyte characters, with lots of redundant entry
points and code.

k> I am begining to agree that I should have used measurements
k> consistent with core X instead of using graphical values.  Even I
k> find these confusing.

It's not too late to change :-)

	<b