Re: g_object_notify on write-only properties?

Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:

> I'm merging lee's GtkLabel GParam changes, and I have a question.
>
> The patch currently does
>  g_object_notify (G_OBJECT (label), "markup");
> when setting the label from markup, even though the markup property is
> write only. This seems a bit strange, is it correct?

My opinion is that the ::markup and ::pattern properties should
be write-only, and the ::attributes and ::label properties should
be read-write. (I haven't looked at the exact names here)

So, setting ::markup should notify ::attributes and ::label,
and setting ::pattern should notify ::attributes.