Re: --gtk-unbuffered

Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com> writes:

>  - Your timings are extrodinarily higher than what we see on
>    X11; this indicates that the problem lies, not in what
>    GtkLabel is doing, but most likely in the backend Win32
>    is using for Pango.

I just ran the same tests on our GDK backend which is using the
FreeType2 Pango backend and the timings are slightly slower than
the ones for X11 but far from being as bad as the ones Hans
obtained for the Win32 backend. So there must indeed be a problem
in the Win32 backend.

The fact that wrapping lines takes a considerable amount of time
no matter what backend is used, makes me think however that the
code could need some optimizations as Hans suggested.

Salut, Sven