Re: Bitmap, Pixmap, Image and Pixbuf madness

> Oskar Liljeblad <osk hem passagen se> writes:
> > My point is that some of the classes mentioned above *could* probably
> > be merged. And getting rid of GtkPixmap and GnomePixmap would be nice...
> >

> Yes, we already did this ;-)
>
> GtkImage is the only image display widget you should need, the others
> are deprecated. GdkPixbuf is the preferred image representation unless
> you want a server-side buffer, in which case Pixmap/Bitmap are used.
>
> Havoc

Hi :

At this point I'd like to mention that we (folks working on
GTK accessibility) think there is a need to provide some sort
of labelling for GtkImage, since within the community of
pepole working on accessibility (technology vendors, developers,
etc.) there is a consensus that every image/pixmap in a UI that
conveys information needs to have a non-visual alternate
channel.

So it would be really helpful if a "label" property (in addition
to the longer descriptive ToolTip which I think is already
possible to attach to a GtkImage ?) were available in GtkImage.
Then a couple of instantiation macros to make it easy on the
developer would complete the picture (pardon the pun)

Best regards,

-Bill