Re: GtkToolbar stock icons

Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:
> According to bug 50489 we want GtkToolbar stock icons.
>
> Here is a patch, is this what we want?

Yeah I think it's pretty much the right thing for now. Long-term,
we'll probably replace GtkToolbar.

>  I'm not particulary pleased with
> having the icon_size argument in gtk_toolbar_append_stock(), but since
> there are two stock toolbar sizes I see no other way.

My suggestion would be to add small/large icons to the GtkToolbarStyle
enum, or make it an orthogonal setting, but in any case make it apply
to the entire toolbar. So then you don't have to do it for individual
items.

> The placement of the icon size defines in gtkiconfactory.h is also
> somewhat non-obvious.

Discussed with jrb a bit the idea of replacing the size string with an
enum + runtime-registered integer IDs. So this may be easier to figure
out at that point. Agree that the size-as-string thing is confusing.

Havoc