Re: Setting window icons

On 21 Feb 2001, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Alexander Larsson <alla lysator liu se> writes:
> > gtk_window_set_icons_list (GtkWindow *window, const gchar *name,
> > GList *pixbufs); gtk_window_set_icons (GtkWindow *window, const
> > gchar *name, GdkPixbuf *icon1, ...);
> >

> I'm guessing no one will ever set a list - maybe just have a single
> pixbuf argument?
Yeah, that surely makes the API more clean, and with no big loss of
functionallity.

> Also, we can scale that down and set it as the "mini icon" if that
> hint still exists in the spec, I guess maybe it doesn't.

I didn't see it at least, but there is a comment in the _NET_WM_ICON says:

This is an array of possible icons for the client. This specification does
not stipulate what size these icons should be, but individual desktop
environments or toolkits may do so. The Window Manager MAY scale any of
these icons to an appropriate size.

Maybe we should use two icons? large and small?

/ Alex