What type is a GdkExtensionMode?

I'm converting the args in GtkWidget, and I'm hitting a wall with
extension_events.  In the documentation, as well as the old code, both
events and extension_events are marked as type GTK_TYPE_GDK_EVENT_MASK.
But the real type of extension_events should be GdkExtensionMode.  I
want to make the extension_events property an enumerated type, based on
GdkExtensionMode, but there is no GTK_TYPE_GDK_EXTENSION_MODE, and the
code currently looks like it shouldn't work.  Shall I make a new GType
for GdkExtensionMode?  If so, in which file should I create/export it?

On a related note (meaning that the relationship is me), the code
currently allows writing to the COMPOSITE_CHILD property.  Since this is
a derived property which should only change when a child is added,
shouldn't this be a read-only property?

That's it for the moment,

John