Re: Compiling cvs

dov imagic weizmann ac il writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to get the cvs gtk+ to compile and I have had
> some problems:
>
> * gdkpango fails compilation due to several missing
>   functions:
>
>   gdkpango.c: In function `gdk_pango_get_gc':
>   gdkpango.c:102: warning: implicit declaration of function `gdk_rgb_find_color'
>   gdkpango.c: In function `gdk_pango_get_item_properties':
>   gdkpango.c:419: `GdkPangoAttrStipple' undeclared (first use in this function)
>   gdkpango.c:419: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>   gdkpango.c:419: for each function it appears in.)
>   gdkpango.c:419: parse error before `)'
>   gdkpango.c:423: `GdkPangoAttrEmbossed' undeclared (first use in this function)
>   gdkpango.c:423: parse error before `)'
>   gdkpango.c: In function `gdk_pango_attr_stipple_copy':
>   gdkpango.c:435: syntax error before `*'
>   gdkpango.c:437: warning: implicit declaration of function `gdk_pango_attr_stippl
>   [more stuff deleted]

Could it be finding old installed headers when compiling? (Though this
shouldn't happen.) What does the compile line look like?

Are you sure you have all your files fully up to date from CVS?
Try cvs update -A?

> * How is the new pkg-config supposed to work? configure is still looking
>   for pango-config which doesn't exist. In the end I manually created
>   pango-config, but I'm sure there is a cleaner way.

Havoc says, use --help to get documentation for pkg-config... ;-)

But again, configure has no references to pango-config in it. Have
you rerun autogen.sh?